Personal data we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
How we use your data
- Provide, operate, and mantain our website
- Keep a record of the items /articles on our website that you have clicked on and use that information to target advertising on this website to you that is relevant to your interests, which we have identified based on items/articles you have read
- Retain your shopping history and use details of the products you have previously purchased to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Process your order and manage your account
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
- Log files
BUTANI follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
How do we store your information?
BUTANI securely stores your data at our main server.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
The security measures we employ consists of the state-of-the-art technologies, including but not limited to, data/cookie encryption and firewall.
BUTANI will keep your personal identification information until the applicable service is terminated.
BUTANI would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop BUTANI from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your rights, and how to contact us?
In accordance with current regulations, you have the right to access and modify your personal data, as well as the right to request its deletion, to object to its processing and to obtain its limitation or portability insofar as it is applicable, as well as not to be subject to an automated individual decision.
You also may object to the processing of this data for legitimate reasons or at any time object to the use of your data for commercial purposes, as well as inform us of any instructions regarding the fate of your data after your death.
You may also object to your personal data being used for the purpose of drawing up your customer profile; in this case you will no longer be able to benefit from personalized offers or services. These rights can be exercised directly with Butani by email at email@example.com or by post:
Suite 510 – 512, Houston Centre, 63 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong In the interests of the non-disclosure and protection of personal data, a copy of a signed identity document must be included with your request.
Butani will send a reply within 1 month of receiving any request.
If you are unsatisfied with the answer received, you may refer the matter to the Hong Kong regulator, the PCPD.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Butani uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimise the users' experience by customising our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file, which does not allow you to be identified, containing information relating to your browsing, which is downloaded to your device (computer, tablet, smartphone) through the browser software that you use to view the Website, subject to the choices that you may have expressed concerning cookies and which you can modify at any time.
This information mainly allows us to optimise and personalise the use of the Website and to know the Website’s performance, during the period of validity or registration of the Cookie.
Who uses the data stored in cookies?
- Cookies used by Butani
These cookies allow you to use the main features of the Website such as storing your product selection in your shopping basket. These cookies enhance your browsing experience and are necessary to make online purchases.
- Third-party cookies
We have two categories of third-party cookies:
- Cookies are used and managed by external entities to provide us with the services we have requested from them in order to improve our services and your browsing experience. These third- party cookies are mainly intended to provide us with access statistics and to guarantee the payment transactions carried out.
- Cookies used by a third-party provider on our Website may be used to recognize your device when visiting other websites. These third-party cookies are generally used for advertising purposes or for analysis of said websites.
Butani has no control over the collection of this information by third parties, and is in no way responsible for the processing of this information.
Cookies issued on our website
The Website only uses the following types of cookies on your terminal:
This information table will be updated as often as possible according to the development of the services offered on the Website. It is possible, however, that at the time of this update, this table does not present all the cookies, tags or other similar tools enabling the traceability of a user or his/her device, although they are always systems used for the same purposes as those mentioned in this table.
Cookies are kept on our website for 3 months.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Butani has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
CCPA Privacy Rights (Do Not Sell My Personal Information)
Under the CCPA, among other rights, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer's personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer's personal data, not sell the consumer's personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For a permanent deletion of all personal data associated with your profile, please send us an email on email@example.com or by post at the address stated above.
Managing your cookie preferences
In accordance with regulations, Butani collects your consent before using advertising, audience measurement and sharing to social networks cookies.
You can set your cookie preferences by modifying your browser settings so that unwanted website cookies cannot be placed on your device. To do so, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually described in the help menu of each browser):
For Internet Explorer 8.0 and above:
- Choose the “Tools” menu, then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “Confidentiality” tab
- Select the required level of confidentiality.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the “Tools” menu, then “Options”.
- Click on the “Privacy” icon.
- Locate the “cookies” menu and select the options that are right for you.
For Google Chrome:
- Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
- Choose the “Settings” menu then click on “Display advanced settings”
- Go to the paragraph on “Privacy” and click on “Content settings”
- Go to the paragraph on “Cookies” and define your parameters.
- Choose the “File” menu then “Preferences”
- Click on the “Privacy” icon.
- Set your parameters. For Android:
- Press the Key on the upper right-hand side
- Go to “Settings” then “Privacy and Security”
- Set your parameters
For Dolphin on Android:
- In the menu go to “More” then “Settings”
- Select the Privacy menu and then “Security”
- Define your settings in the “Cookies” menu.
For Safari on iOS:
- In the “Settings” application, select “Safari”
- Go to “Accept Cookies” in the “Privacy” section
- Set your parameters.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
BUTANI does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best to promptly remove such information from our records.